A free-form dictionary to my vernacular

A free-form dictionary to my vernacular: Learn it, use it, love it

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Taxi Murmerer

The Taxi Murmerer: you know who you are, the perpetually talking cab drivers talking irreverently on their bluetooth headsets the entire ride. Is that really safe?

The scene: you get into a cab, your greet the cab driver and tell him (or rarely her) where you would like to be taken. He (or she) doesn't not respond but you think they responded because they are talking. But to who you ask yourself, to the hidden person on the other end of their bluetooth. In many circumstances these invasive conversation (resulting in the disregard of the passenger) occur in a language you don't understand causing a weird situation for the cab driver and the passenger. I try to talk to him and tell him that he is taking me the wrong way, but he does not listen...he is busy try to work out the details of the arranged marriage for his daughter. Seriously! Now I am at the wrong destination, you took the slowest streets to get me there and all I want to do, Taxi Murmerer, is get out of your cab.

After ignoring me the whole time do you really expect me to tip you.

No comments:

Post a Comment