A free-form dictionary to my vernacular

A free-form dictionary to my vernacular: Learn it, use it, love it

Monday, May 17, 2010

Pratted Out

Pratted Out: is the way to describe someone that has too much or very obvious plastic surgery. Inspired by the infamous Heidi Pratt and her landmark ten surgeries in one day, this adjective characterizes those with a visible penchant for plastic surgery. Like Heidi, the cosmetic-enhancement victim probably looked better a few incisions before, with some of her original features in tact.

Wandering the streets of Beverly Hills, or Mill Valley for that matter, one would encounter many Pratted-out specimens, with a scary look surgically emblazoned on their face that says, "look at me, I am superficial enough to torture myself with multiple, unnecessary procedures." Her face looks like she rode a rollercoaster and it got stuck in that "wind-blown" look. Or maybe her lips are so full from collagen that she looks like she could not close her mouth properly, or her lips would burst.

Women are not the only ones who are Pratted out, I have also encountered men—straight men at that. A few years ago, I was chatting with a fairly attractive man in a low-lit, college bar in West LA. He seemed pretty cool, until he stops in mid-conversation and asks me what I thought of his new calf implants. Then he immediately turns around to model them for me, so that I would be impressed by his cool, sculpted stems. After I cringed in disgust, I realized his calves weren't the only things he enhanced. That was the end of that conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment