A free-form dictionary to my vernacular

A free-form dictionary to my vernacular: Learn it, use it, love it

Friday, July 10, 2009

Mastache

Mastache (mah-stash): refers to unsightly facial hair on the upper lip of a woman (or someone that is perceived to be so). This unkempt individual either does not notice that her upper lip looks like a handlebar moustache out of a Western flick, or simply does not care. Well, I have news for you mastache-wearer, people notice—so just like the the Karate Kid wax on, wax off.

This word came about while my friend Christina and I were discussing an old mutual friend. The conversation shifted to this friend's mom, who, incidentally, has serious upper lip growth. So much so that Christina exclaimed through laughter, "It looks like her eyebrow fell on her lip!" After toying with a few ways to convey this message (and the gravity of the facial hair situation) we landed on mastache. Upper lips have never been the same since.

No comments:

Post a Comment